- (250 ml = 1 cup)
- 1 cup black-eyed peas (cowpeas, lobia)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 finely chopped onions
- 1 green chillies, minced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, minced
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 cups water
- salt as needed
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
Curry is a pungent Punjabi dish of meats or vegetables flavored with curry powder, a mix of ground coriander seed, turmeric, cumin and other spices. Lobia curry, also known as lobia masala, is a delicious and spiced curry made with black-eyed peas.
- Lobia curry contains antioxidants, which help in the removal of free radicals in the body. The curry also helps with cardiovascular ailments.
- The fiber in black-eyed peas maintain and regulate the levels of blood sugar and cholesterol, as well as help in maintaining bowel health.
- One serving of cooked lobia curry contains 200 calories with a total fat of 5 g, total carbs of 14 g, total dietary fiber of 3 g, and total protein of 4 g.
How to make Lobia
10. Add the minced cilantro and stir.
Spoon your lobia curry into a Vaya Tyffyn lunchbox. Your curry will be piping hot when you are ready for lunch at work or at school.