Kashmiri Pulao with Fruits
cups basmati rice - washed and soaked
tsp cumin seeds
cup fresh cream-beaten
salt to taste
cup dried fruits (cashew nuts, almonds, raisins)
edible rose petals
How to make Kashmiri Pulao with Fruits
- Mix the sugar, cream, milk, and salt inside a bowl.
- Drain rice and set it aside.
- Heat ghee in the pressure cooker.
- Add the cumin seeds, cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, and bay leaf.
- Cook till they begin to splutter then add the rice and cook in the ghee for 2 mins.
- Pour in the milk mixture and a 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 2 whistles.
- Let the pressure release, open the cooker, and gently stir in dried fruit.
- Serve hot, garnished with rose petals.
Pulao is thought to have originated in the Persian Empire.