- 1 cup kaju (cashew nuts) —broken into halves or whole
- 1 large onion — chopped
- 2 tomatoes— chopped
- cinnamon 1 in long
- 1-2 pieces of garlic — chopped
- ½ inch ginger— chopped
- 1 green chili — chopped
- 1 tbsp beetroot — grated (optional)
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin-coriander powder (optional)
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup milk and water
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek leaves (optional)
- 2 tsp coriander leaves — for garnishing
- 2 tbsp oil
The creamy texture of a curry infused with aromatic spices and the goodness of cashews makes this kaju curry special and rich! Difficult though it might seem, kaju curry is extremely easy to make with the right recipe and here it is for you to recreate the magic of your favorite restaurant right at your very home. This festive season, indulge in the magic of kaju curry and surprise your friends and family!
Cashews contain oleic acid which is very healthy for the heart. It also helps prevent diabetes and is a good source of vitamins and is known to help in losing weight.
How to make Kaju Curry Recipe
Originating in Brazil, cashew plants made their way to India in the 16th century, thanks to the Portuguese sailors. Interestingly, cashews are surrounded by their double shell that’s known to contain a toxic resin called urushiol.