How to Make Italian Chickpea Bread
- In a bowl whisk the chickpea flour and water together till it forms a smooth texture. Let it sit at room temperature for 2 – 6 hours
- In the mean time preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- Coat an 8 inch metal pie pan with cooking spray
- Take out the foam from the chickpea water, add oil, Italian seasoning, and rosemary and stir til the components are well mixed. Then pour the mixture in a prepared pan and add black pepper and salt on to it.
- Bake the mixture in preheated oven until edges begin to brown, which should take about 15 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan, let it cool, and then cut it into wedges.
- Solid evidence states that the chickpeas were first cultivated in the Middle East during the year 7500 BC. The popularity of the chickpeas soon grew and expanded into different parts of the world especially Egypt, Greece, and Rome.
- Chickpeas not only are a valuable crop to be consumed but they also provide a natural organic method of breaking the occurrence of diseases in wheat and barley crops.
- In the 18th century, ground chickpeas would be used as a coffee substitute and are still used as a caffeine free wake-me-up substitute till date.
India is the number producer of chickpea.