Italian Chicken with Pesto Potatoes recipe
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
4 chicken breast halves – skinless and boneless
4 1/2 oz mozzarella cheese – sliced
4 slices Parma ham
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb small potatoes
2 tbsp prepared basil pesto
salt and pepper to taste
How to make Italian Chicken with Pesto Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- In a saucepan, bring the vinegar to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let the vinegar simmer for 15 minutes.
Note: Stir the mixture frequently until it thickens.
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast.
- Fill each pocket with equal amounts of mozzarella cheese then season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of ham.
- Arrange the wrapped chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Place the tomatoes around the chicken, sprinkle everything with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 25 mins in the preheated oven, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Boil the potatoes for 15 mins in a saucepan with enough lightly salted water to cover the chicken.
- Drain the pan and coat the potatoes with the pesto.
- Place chicken breasts, tomatoes, and potatoes on serving plates, and drizzle the reduced balsamic vinegar over them.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you know pesto originated in Liguria Italy?