- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Combine flour and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mound.
- Work in 1/2 of the yeast mixture with your hands.
- Add olive oil and then continue to work in the rest of the yeast mixture.
Note: Add 1 tbsp of water if necessary to make dough soft and smooth.
- Turn dough onto flat surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Oil a large mixing bowl and place dough in it.
- Turn dough over to get oil on all sides.
- Cover with damp towel and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat pizza stone in oven at 500°
- Divide pizza dough in half.
- Roll out each half into 12-14" circles making crusts about 1/8" thick.
- Sprinkle 3 tbsp cornmeal onto the pizza peal.
- Place 1 pizza crust on pizza peal and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Add all ingredients you want on your pizza.
- Slide pizza from the peel onto the preheated pizza stone in the oven.
- Cook until the crust is crisp and golden.
Note: Dough can be frozen after rising.
Humans have been making breads for thousands of years.