How to make Gutti Vankaya Curry
- Preparethe stuffing. Roast each ingredient separatelyand then grind all of them until it turns to a smooth paste.Add salt and lemon juice and mix well.
- Leave the stalks of the brinjals intact. Slit each brinjal in four from top towards the stem but not right through.Place them in salted waterfor 15–20 minutes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in afrying pan.Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, onions and green chilli until they crackle and turn golden.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry until the raw aromagoes away.
- Stuff the brinjals. Fry for 2–3 minutes, then add water and tamarind paste. Let it simmer until the brinjals soften. Add water as required.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.