How to make Garlic Naan
- In a large bowl, add the yeast along with warm water. Dissolve the yeast and let it stand for 5-10 minutes. The mixture should look frothy.
- Add in the salt, sugar, milk and egg and flour to make the dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes on a flour dusted surface smooth it out.
- Place the dough in a slightly greased bowl and cover it with a damp cloth. Leave it as is for an hour until the yeast dough rises and has doubled.
- Add in the minced garlic to the dough and knead again until combined properly.
- Pinch off the dough and make balls (roughly the size of a golf ball).
- Roll out these balls and place them on a tray.
- Cover the tray with a towel and let it stand for half an hour.
- Preheat the grill or tawa on high heat.
- Grease the grill with some ghee.
- Roll out a ball of dough into a thin circle and make it big enough to be the size of a naan.
- Place on the grill or tawa for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the side until it is done.
- Repeat the process until your desired number of garlic naans are made.
- Brush with some ghee and serve warm!
- Naans have been around in various forms in different cuisines of the Middle East and South Asia.
- Naan comes from Persian which means bread.
- It is almost always accompanied by hot meal.
- Flat breads such as the garlic naan are also eaten in Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and central Asian countries as well.
- Garlic is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It has flavor as well as medicinal properties.
Garlic has an active compound that is known to reduce blood pressure.