- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 2/3 cup of dried figs chopped
- 1/3 cup of water
- 3/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar (to be used separately)
- 3/4 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 1/4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup and 3 tbsp of Kalamata olives chopped (to be used separately)
- salt and pepperto taste
- 3 tbsp and 1-3/4 tsp of chopped and toasted walnuts chopped (to be used separately)
- 8 oz packaged cream cheese
Fig and olive tapenade is a great appetizer which will add significant value to your dinner, and prepare you well for the main course that is to come. The perfect balance of texture and flavor makes it a great dish for special nights and even parties.
The taste can be further enhanced by using goat cheese instead of cream cheese, chopped green olives or balsamic vinegar. It works best when served with French bread slices and crackers.
- Figs are a great source for vitamins, calcium and iron.
- Fresh figs help metabolize proteins, fats and even carbohydrates.
How to Make Fig and Olive Tapenade