- Make sure that you clean the dates properly before use.
- Peel the dates half way and remove the pits.
- Chop the dry fruits according to your preferred size.
- Stuff the nuts into the dates properly.
- Place the dates into a small pan.
- You can sprinkle some pepper on top if you prefer.
- Add a little bit of red wine for flavor.
- Drizzle honey over the stuffed dates.
- Cook the dates over medium heat.
- Once you start noticing the skin peeling off, turn off the heat.
- Transfer the dates into a serving dish.
- Let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Serve them.
- The word “date” comes from the Greek word “daktylos” which means finger.
- Dates can be used in numerous ways, including building materials.
- Date palm trees can be dormant for years and spring back to life once adequate conditions are reached.
- It has been argued that the real “forbidden Fruit” in the Bible was a date and not an apple.
The first dates were cultivated in Iraq about 8,000 years ago.