How to Make Double Tomato Bruschetta
- Take the dried tomatoes and dice them into bite-sized pieces. Don’t squash them completely.
- Put the diced tomatoes into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the plum tomatoes into the bowl after squashing them, but don’t turn them into a fine paste. Leave them in pieces.
- Now chop the red onion into very small pieces and add them to a bowl.
- Chop the garlic cloves next and add to them to the bowl as well.
- Take the basil leaves and shred these to bits. Add them to the mixing bowl as well.
- Mix all the vegetables well.
- Now add oregano, salt, black pepper powder and olive oil into the bowl. Mix all the spices and vegetables well and set it aside for assembling.
For the Bread
- Take the baguette and slice it diagonally into at least 8 pieces. Each of the slices should have sufficient space for the topping.
- Now pre-heat your oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the bread inside the oven for 5 minutes to get it crispy enough for the double tomato bruschetta.
- Lay out the baked bread on a separate dish.
- Place the topping set aside on each of the slices with the help of a spoon.
- Garnish with whole basil leaves and enjoy!
- In Italy, Abruzzo, double tomato bruschetta is served with Ventricina which is a type of Salame.
In the Tuscany region of Italy double tomato bruschetta is served without any toppings