How to Make Creamed Eggs on Toast
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add flour and whisk well.
- When the mixture is bubbly, whip in milk little by little.
- Add salt to taste.
- Keep on beating till the mixture is dense and bubbly.
- Take apart from heat and incorporate chopped or halved eggs.
- Toast the slices of bread and butter them.
- Arrange the slices on separate plates and ladle creamed eggs.
- Creamed eggs on toast are typically an American breakfast dish.
- In numerous families, creamed eggs on toast have turned into a conventional early-Easter lunch entrée. The occasion begins with everybody giving two eggs from the container or basket they have.
- Ordinarily, the white sauce will have a pop of of pink or blue or green from the colored eggs which will add to this merry dish. The formula was first found in Fanny Farmer's Boston Cooking-School Cook Book in 1896.