How to make Chilli Basa Fish
- Cut fish fillets into medium cubes and put into a bowl.
- Add salt, pepper powder, paprika powder and one tablespoon lemon juice.
- Set aside to marinate for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Mix refined flour, cornflour, salt, pepper powder, and baking soda in another bowl.
- Add sufficient water gradually.
- Mix well to make a thick and smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Dip marinated fish cubes in the batter.
- Slide the cubes into the hot oil and deep-fry till golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Grind red chillies with to a smooth paste with a little water.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a non-stick wok.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Sauté till fragrant.
- Add soy sauce and red chilli paste and mix well.
- Add little water and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper powder and mix well.
- Add fried fish and toss to mix.
- Add remaining lemon juice and stir lightly.
- Add half the spring onion greens and toss well.
- Serve hot garnished with sesame seeds and remaining spring onion greens.
Basa fish is not labelled as catfish in the United States.