- Boil chicken till it cooks well,
- Shred boiled chicken using a fork.
- Melt butter in a wok over medium flame.
- Sauté garlic and onion until translucent.
- Add milk, Italian seasoning, pepper and let simmer
- Add shredded chicken until the milk reduces.
- Season with salt and mix.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°F/190°C and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Cut pastry sheets into even squares.
- Add 2 tsp filling in each piece and close with another piece of puff pastry.
- Seal the edges using a fork.
- Arrange pastries on the baking tray and coat each pastry with egg wash
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastries turn golden brown.
Pack a few chicken puff pastries in a Vaya Tyffyn lunchbox on your way to work. Come tea time, your pastries will be ridiculously warm to impress your colleagues!
- Pastries come in various shapes, sizes, textures, and tastes. Veg/chicken puff pastries, donuts, cinnamon rolls, samosas, meringues, tarts, bear claws, cutlets, modaks, kozhukattais, etc. are all pastries--from various parts of the worlds--totally different from one another!
- You can use leftover pastry dough to make jam roly-poly, a classic English pastry. This pastry used to be served in shirt sleeves! Hence, it also goes by the name shirt-sleeve pudding.