Chicken Broccoli Ca – Unieng’s Style
ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
tbsp oyster sauce
tbsp dark soy sauce
tbsp vegetable oil
cloves garlic, chopped
large onion, cut into rings
tsp ground black pepper
tsp white sugar
medium head bok choy, chopped1 small head broccoli, chopped
tbsp cornstarch, mixed with equal parts water
How to make Chicken Broccoli Ca - Unieng's Style
- Mix the chicken, oyster sauce, and soy sauce together in a large bowl.
- Let the chickenrest for 15 minutes.
- To a large, heavy skillet or a wok, add oil and heat over medium flame.
- Fryonion and garlic in the oil until the vegetables are tender and translucent.
- Increasethe heat to high and add the chicken and marinade to the wok.
- Stir-fry the ingredients until they are light golden brown for 10 minutes.
- Add water, sugar, and pepper while stirring continuously.
- Add broccoli and bok choy. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes until soft
- Hurl in the cornstarch mixture and cook till the sauce thickens for 5 minutes.
- Serve with white rice.
- Broccoli is native to the Mediterranean. It was first formed by the Etruscans (an ancient civilization in Italy) from a cabbage relative. The civilization is called Tuscany today who have been considered as horticultural geniuses for ages.
- The English word ‘broccoli’ originates from the Italian word ‘broccolo’ which means "the flowering crest of a cabbage" and the Latin brachium which meansan arm or a branch.
- The vegetable is greatly cherished by the Italians since the Roman Empire. In the 18th century, however, when it was first introduced in England, it came to be known as "Italian asparagus."