Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
oz fettuccine or spaghetti – uncooked
cups fresh broccoli florets
cup Italian dressing
boneless skinless chicken breasts – cut into bite-sized pieces
cream cheese – cubed
Parmesan cheese – cubed
teaspoon dried basil leaves
How to Make Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Add broccoli to the boiling water for the last 2 minutes of the pasta cooking time.
- Drain pasta mixture.
Heat dressing in a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Add chicken.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in milk, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce is well blended and heated through.
- Add chicken mixture to pasta mixture; mix lightly.
Broccoli originated in Italy.