Cheesy Potato Pizza Casserole
lean ground beef
small onion - chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
packet pepperoni (chopped)
condensed tomato soup
condensed cheddar cheese soup
mozzarella cheese (shredded)
How to Make Cheesy Potato Pizza Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree F (175 degree C)
- Add the ground beef and onions to a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté both until evenly browned and cooked through. Drain the released grease and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and keep aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add milk, condensed tomato soup and cheddar cheese soup, dried oregano, Italian seasoning and brown sugar. Mix well and cook until heated through and keep aside.
- Layer the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with the sliced potatoes.
- Spread the cooked beef mixture on top the potatoes, and add pepperoni slices on top.
- Pour the soup mixture n top of the beef and pepperoni and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Put the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the dish, sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top and bake for an additional 15 minutes until cheese melts and bubbles.
- Take out from oven and serve hot.
- Tavern owner Don Raffaele Esposito is regarded as creator of the Pizza Margherita; which he assembled as a patriotic symbol with the colors of tomatoes, cheese and basil and named it after Margherita Teresa Giovanni.
Did you know that potatoes are the second most consumed food after dairy products in all of the USA? And that an average American eats around 140 pounds of potatoes each year!