How to Make Carne Pizzaiola
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Take a large baking dish or casserole dish and rub the bottom of it with oil. Start layering your ingredients in order: potato, oil, sauce, salt, oregano, meat, onions, sauce, tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, and oil until all the ingredients are finished.
- Dress the top generously with oil and oregano.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and let it bake for 2 hours. After 30 minutes or so, check to see if the meat and potatoes and cooking (insert a fork to see their tenderness).
- Once it has cooked, take it out of the oven, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with fresh parsley and serve it on a platter by putting a piece of meat and top it with the other ingredients or let people serve themselves.
- The translation of this dish is “meat in pizza style.”
- Often, people add their own ingredients in this dish to customize it and so it meets the requirements of their taste buds.
Although, normally this dish is made with beef meat, any other meat can be used!