- 1 kg of butternut squash, peeled and cut into medium-sized chunks
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- a bunch of sage leaves picked, chop half of the leaves roughly and leave the half whole
- 1 1/2 liter of vegetable stock
- 50 g of butter
- 1 onion, medium sized, finely chopped
- 300 g of risotto rice or Arborio rice
- 1 small glass of white wine
- 50 g of parmesan, finely grated
With a sweet and nutty taste, Butternut Squash Risotto is a favorite recipe for holidays that entice your taste buds and gives you a healthy meal that is sufficient in vitamins, carbohydrates, and minerals. Butternut Squash can be prepared with simple ingredients and takes under an hour to prepare.
This easy recipe is an excellent choice to put up as the main course if you are planning to have guests at dinner this weekend. Using the basic risotto recipe with the tinge of butternut squash, this is a perfect blend of rice and vegetables to give you a quick tour of the Italian cuisine. This recipe serves four.
- Butternut squash risotto is a rice dish that is high in carbohydrates (38.1). It constitutes 174 calories. So if you are looking for an energy providing meal, butternut squash risotto can serve the purpose sufficiently.
- Butternut squash itself is a good source of dietary fiber, potassium and vitamin A.
- It is beneficial for digestion, blood pressure, and skin health.
How to Make Butternut Squash Risotto