How to Make Breakfast Burrito
For Pico de Gallo
- Combine the tomatoes, jalapeno, onions, and cilantro in a small bowl. Ad in the lime juice and season it with salt and pepper. Mix properly, and set it aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the chorizo. Cook until it turns brown, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove it to a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Add in the hash browns and potatoes to the heated skillet. Cook until the potatoes are golden brown, for about 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Add in the salt and pepper and chili sauce.
- Now pour the egg mixture over the hash browns. Stir properly until the egg mixture is well combined. Turn off the heat.
- Now warm the tortillas in a separate skillet.
- Layer the avocado, pico de gallo, egg mixture, and chorizo in the middle of the tortilla. Sprinkle it with the cheese.
- Fold in the two sides and roll up tightly. Serve the burrito with any sauce of your choice and enjoy!
- The burrito is a traditional food in the city of Juarez in Northern Mexico.
- The word burrito means “little donkey” in Spanish.
- The first documented burrito was made in 1922.
The word “burrito” first appeared in Oxford English Dictionary in 1958.