Bolognese Stuffed Bell Peppers
Large onion (chopped)
a few oregano sprigs, leaves picked
grated mozzarella or cheddar
drizzle of oil
beef stock cube
bell peppers (mixed colors are any color)
small bunch of fresh basil leaves
How to Make Bolognese Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion for 3-4 minutes or until they are soft and translucent. Add garlic and sauté it too for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add beef mince in the pan and stir fry until it is brown and all signs of red meat have vanished.
- Next, add tomatoes in the pan along with oregano, ketchup and stock cube and stir everything together. Cover and let it cook while simmering on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven at 200°
- Wash the bell peppers, cut the top and scoop out all the seeds and white membrane. Place the bell peppers in a roasting pan with the cut side up and bake them in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- When the mince has cooked, take out the roasting pan and fill them with the mince.
- Bake the peppers for 10 more minutes, and serve with a sprinkle of cheese and basil leaves on top.
- Enjoy the cheesy delicious Bolognese stuffed bell peppers.
- Bell peppers are fruits and not actually vegetables which most people think. It has seeds and comes from flowering plants.
- Most historians agree on the fact that it was Christopher Columbus and Spanish Conquistadorswho gave peppers their name.
Capsicum, bell peppers, peppers and paprika are all essentially the same called by different names in different parts of the world.