How to make Bharwan Shimla Mirch
- Boil, peel, and grate the potatoes then set aside.
- Clean capsicums, cut off the tops of, and de-seed them.
- Heat oil and fry the jeera and onions in a pan.
- Keep sautéing till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the chopped green chilies, and stir.
- Add in the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and asafetida.
- Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Sauté the mixture for about 2 minutes and then add the garam masala, amchur powder, and salt.
- Toss in the chopped hara dhania and mix well.
- The potato stuffing is now ready.
- Stuff this mixture into the capsicums using a spoon.
- Heat some oil on a flat pan and place the stuffed capsicums side-ways on it.
- Cover and allow the stuffed capsicums to cook on a low flame.
- Keep turning the capsicums so that all sides cook well.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Bell peppers can also be purple and while in color!