Best Italian Sausage Soup
uncooked small shell pasta
fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese (grated)
diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
bagged baby spinach leaves
fresh basil (chopped)
How to Make Balsamic Roasted Pork Loin
- Place a large pan over medium heat and let it heat up before placing sausages in it. Cook the sausage for 5 minute or until they are brown. Stir continuously to crumble. Drain the grease and return the sausages in the pan.
- Next, add chicken broth into the pan and along with tomatoes and uncooked pasta. Bring it to boil and on a high flame and then reduce the heat, cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until is pasta is cooked.
- Stir the soup well and then turn off the flame before adding spinach. Cover the pan and let the spinach wilt before transferring the soup to the serving bowl.
- Serve the soup with cheese and basil and enjoy on cold winter days.
- The history of soup is as old as the origin story of cooking. It was a common process to mix number of ingredients in a pot with water and cook it.
- In ancient times, soups were prescribed to sick people because they were easy to digest.
The first food item to be served in the first public restaurant was Restoratifs (a bone broth) and the word restaurant itself is derived from Restoratifs.