- Place coffee and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tsp. milk. Mix with a whisk like you would an egg.
- Keep mixing these ingredients continuously for 5 to 6 minutes. This is to make sure that the coffee mixture becomes a slightly brown paste.
- While you are going at this, put the water and 1/2 cup milk that will be used to make the coffee on the stove. You can choose to either boil the water or milk separately, or you could add the water to the milk and boil the two together.
- Once you are satisfied with your coffee mixture, carefully add it to the pot of boiling water. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
- All it will take for your coffee to start frothing is a couple of stirs. Serve at once.
Roasting is essential in the process of making coffee beans. This is because by themselves, coffee beans are quite tasteless. The process of roasting transforms the fats and carbohydrates in the beans to oils. That is what gives coffee beans the very unique smell that we have all come to love.