How to make Aussie Lime Pie
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Lightly grease a 9-inch glass pie pan or dish.
- Mix the oats, coconut, flour, and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- To a second bowl, addthe melted butter or margarine, corn syrup, and baking soda together.
- Stir until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Add the corn syrup mixture to the oat mixture and stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Evenly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie pan.
- Combine the condensed milk, lime juice, egg yolks, and lemon rind in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat the mixture for 1 minat medium speed.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 mins until the pie becomes firm in the center.
- Note: Do not allow the pie to become brown on top.
- Chill before serving.
Wild limes are thought to have originated in Indonesia.