How to Make Apple Sauce
- Wash and peel off the apples.
- Remove apple cores.
- Dice the apples into small squared pieces.
- Set them aside until they are needed for the sauce.
- Take a deep sauce pan.
- Add apple cider into it.
- Put it on the stove on medium heat and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the diced apples into the sauce pan, cover the lid and let the apples cook on low heat for at least 3 minutes.
- During this time, remove the lid a few times and stir the apples so they don’t stick to the sides or bottom of the pan.
- Once the apples sauce it done, pour it out in a bowl.
- Mash up any chunks of apple that have been left out during the cooking with the back of your spoon.
- Add some sugar to your taste into the sauce if it doesn’t seem sweet enough but otherwise, it doesn’t need any. You can use it just as it is!
- Serve it as spread or top your favorite dessert with the healthy apple sauce.
- Apples have always been on the list of the top 5 foods that the Americans love!
- Apple sauce was the food of choice that was taken to the space by the first person who orbited the earth, John Glenn.
Apple sauce is a good substitute for butter or oil while baking.