- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour – add 2 more tsp to coat apples
- 2 cups apples – diced
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon – add extra ½ tsp to coat apples
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, taken at room temperature
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Large eggs
For the Topping;
- ½ cup ground cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter – properly melted
Perfectly done apple muffins are tender, moist muffins that are studded with pieces of apple. Any day that begins with these apple muffins is bound to be a great one. This particular apple muffins recipe is made using cinnamon, whole wheat flour, milk, less sugar, and many other ingredients.
How to make Apple Muffins
Note: after coating, any excess flour should be discarded from the tin.
The origin of the word “muffin” is uncertain. It was first seen in a 1703 print, but it was spelt as ‘moofin’. It is possible that it is derived from the word ‘Muffen’ in Low German, which means small cake.