Almond Cranberry Protein Bar
almonds (roasted and mildly salted )
puffed rice cereal
brown rice syrup
How to Make Almond Cranberry Protein Bar
- In a mixing bowl, add almonds, cranberries, puffed rice, coconut flakes and mix well.
- Keep ready a baking dish lined with butter paper.
- Add brown rice syrup, honey, and vanilla extract to a saucepan and boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the sauce boils for around 5 minutes, pour it right away into the almond mixture before it hardens.
- Stir in the sauce so that it evenly coats the almond mixture.
- Quickly transfer the whole mixture into the baking dish and press it evenly with the bottom of a cup.
- Let the bars cool at room temperature for about ½ hour.
- Transfer the bars to a cutting board and cut them to the size and shape of your liking.
- Store them at room temperature in a sealed container until ready to consume.
- Protein bars are sometimes mistaken for candy bars as they are found in the candy aisle of stores. Unlike candy bars, they contain very less fat and sugar.
- Protein bars are not energy bars. Energy bars contain carbohydrates in the form of sugar that only give quick energy whereas protein bars emphasize on protein and have very fewer carbohydrates and sugar
There are two types of protein bars- those that need to be eaten after a workout and those that are designed to be a snack. The snack bars are lower in calories than the after-exercise bars.