Here Are the Top Baking Tips to Remember
If you thought baking is a difficult endeavor, think again! Baking can be a lot of fun if you know what you’re doing. The ratios of the ingredients that are used in baking recipes are very crucial and you cannot be much playful. However, this does not mean you cannot add some add-ins of your choice.
Top Tips for Bakers
- Always line your baking pan: You can grease the bottom of the pan but parchment paper is much better than greasing. Lining the pan with parchment paper helps to transfer cakes, cookies, and breads without breaking them.
- Always use fresh ingredients. Do not forget to check the expiry dates before you use any product. Do not be tempted to use old ingredients such as flour, chocolates, and spices. They will ruin the flavor. If you use expired leaveners, it will not allow for perfect rising. Replace all the ingredients with fresh ones.
- Measure correctly: Perfect baking requires perfect measures. Measure all the ingredients properly. If the measurements are incorrect, your baking will be ruined. For liquid ingredients, always use clear liquid measuring cups. For dry ingredients, use a spoon to fill the cup and level it.
- Always use the correct butter consistency. The temperature of butter affects your baked goods. A number of recipes use butter at room temperature so you should keep butter out for about 1 hour before you proceed with the recipe. How do you test for the perfect consistency of butter? Simply put your finger against the butter and a slight mark should appear. Check if the recipe requires chilled or softened butter.
- Before starting the baking, prepare all ingredients and always keep the door of the oven closed.
- Always sift the flour and baking powder together when you make a cake. This will make the cake light and of even texture.