How to Make Natural Homemade Deodorant
Finding the perfect deodorant can be a real challenge. There are so many options, and not all of them work for you. And what’s worst, most of them have extra additives that you may not want in your body. That’s where making homemade natural deodorant comes into play. It is amazing because it allows you to control exactly what you’re putting on your skin – no additives!
The recipes below use all-natural ingredients and oil and will leave you smelling nice and wonderful. The only thing you may have to worry about when using them is they lack antiperspirant properties. But if you switch over to natural homemade deodorants you may find that you actually sweat less, and your pores are clearer. This can also reduce the darkness in your underarms.
Note: These recipes call for essential oils. The oils are optional and are there mostly to help it smell the way you want.
Homemade Deodorant with Shea Butter
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp shea butter
- 2 tsp arrowroot
- Essential oils
- Melt coconut oil and shea butter in a double boiler at medium temperature until the butter is barely melted.
- Remove the boiler from heat.
- Add arrowroot and baking soda
- Mix well
- Add essential oils then pour the mixture into a glass container for storage.
- Let it cool completely and harden, then place into an old deodorant stick for easier application.
NOTE: You can put it in the fridge to let it harden faster.
Coconut Oil Homemade Deodorant
- 6 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup arrowroot
- essential oils
Coconut Oil Deodorant Instructions
- Mix arrowroot and baking soda together in a medium sized bowl.
- Mash in coconut oil with a fork until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
- Add oils as desired.
- Store in small glass jar or old deodorant container for easy use.