How to keep bread fresh for longer
We often end up buying more bread than we actually need and we never think about its storage though it is extremely important to keep the bread fresh. If you thought storing the bread in the refrigerator is the best way to preserve it, think again! Remember, freeze the bread rather than refrigerating it! Here are some tips to keep bread fresh for longer.
Tips to keep bread fresh
- Never store your bread in your refrigerator as it gets stale faster in the refrigerator than at room temperature. You should never put your bread in the refrigerator as the degradation process gets three times faster than when it is kept at room temperature. Keeping your bread in the refrigerator makes it tough and hard.
- You should always keep your bread at room temperature for one or two days and then wrap the bread in either aluminum foil or plastic and keep it in the freezer to keep it fresher for longer periods of time. Freezing the bread helps to prevent it from getting stale as the lower temperature will prevent the starch in the bread from going bad earlier.
- If you keep your bread at room temperature for longer periods, due to high humidity in the atmosphere, it can get stale. You should keep the bread in a cool and dry place and not in direct sunlight. Try keeping it in a breadbox.
- You can try storing your bread in a damp cloth or a cloth bread bag. It helps keep the moisture inside the bread intact.
- Another tip for storing your bread is to put it in an airtight ziplock bag along with some celery stocks. The water evaporating from the celery will keep the bread fresh.