Garlic and its Benefits – Here’s How you can Use Garlic for Hair Growth
Garlic is one of the best things for your hair. It is packed with vital nutrients that your hair needs to grow like, zinc, calcium, and sulfur. It is also an antimicrobial, so it will help kill germs and bacteria that can calm your hair. And the selenium content in garlic can stimulate blood content to your scalp thus providing your hair with better nourishment. There are many ways to apply garlic to your hair, below are just a few:
1.Garlic Oil for Hair Growth
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup carrier Oil (olive, castor, coconut, etc.)
- 1 medium sized onion
- Crush the garlic and onion into a fine pulp.
- Heat the carrier oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic and onion to the oil.
- Heat the oil until the pulp begins to brown.
- Turn off the heat and let oil cool.
- Strain the oil and discard the pulp.
- Apply two tbsp of oil to your scalp and massage it into the scalp for 15 minutes.
- Cover the length of your hair with the oil and let it sit for an additional 30 minutes.
- Rinse the oil off with a mild shampoo.
2.Garlic and Honey for Hair Growth
- 8 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Extract the juice from the 8 cloves of garlic using a garlic press or blend them into a puree.
- Add one tbsp of honey to the garlic juice and mix them thoroughly.
- Apply mixture to your hair and scalp.
- Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
3.Garlic and Rosemary for Hair Growth
- 5 tbsp garlic oil
- 1 tbsp castor oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp rosemary oil
- Combine all the oils in a jar and shake well to mix.
- Gently massage 2 tbsp of the oil blend into your scalp for 15 minutes.
- Cover your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with a mild shampoo.