How to make Vegetable Masala Curry
For Masala Gravy
- Heat ghee over medium heat and splatter cumin seeds until fragrant. No need to brown them.
- Add onions and bell peppers; sauté for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent and bell peppers are soft.
- Add potatoes, carrots, peas and green beans with chili powder, garam masala and salt. Stir until everything is combined; cover pan with lid and cook for 10 minutes on a medium-low heat. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Add cauliflower, water and tomatoes and let simmer for 20 more minutes on medium-low flame.
- When vegetables are cooked through, remove from flame and mix in coconut milk.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with roti, naan or rice.
- Cauliflower florets are white in color because the leaves surrounding the cauliflower shade the florets and prevent chlorophyll from forming.
- Cauliflower florets don’t only come in white color! You can find purple variety of cauliflower too.
- Did you know that baby carrots you get in baggies are not actually baby carrots! They are immature or bruised carrots which are peeled and shaped into the tiny version we see today.
- Although today you can find carrots everywhere, they were cultivated in Afghanistan in 900 AD.
- Every year in Blairsville, Georgia, on the last Saturday of July, the city celebrates green beans with a festival.