Thai Chicken Cabbage Soup
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups boiled or rotisserie shredded chicken
8 cups chicken stock
1 large green bell pepper
1 large chopped white cabbage
3 stalks celery (chopped)
1 medium onion
4 cloves garlic (or 1 tbsp minced/paste)
2 tbsp fresh ginger
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can coconut milk
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp vinegar
Red chili flakes
4 tbsp fish sauce
4 tbsp fish sauce
Diced red onion
1 green chili (chopped)
How to make Thai Chicken Cabbage Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a pot of soup. Add in the chopped onions, celery, bell pepper and salt. Sauté them for 3 minutes at medium-high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and keep sautéing for another 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped cabbage to the onion mixture and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the black pepper, red chili flakes and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock along with the shredded chicken, fish sauce, vinegar and diced tomatoes.
- Let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning by adding some more salt or chilis as required
- Garnish the soup with jalapenos and green chilis.
- Serve and enjoy while till hot.
- The earliest evidence of soup consumption dates bac to 6000
- February 4th is National Homemade soup day.
- Soup isn’t always supposed to be hot. In warmer countries, they also serve cold soups.
- People consume 10 billion bowls of soup annually in America.
- Cabbage is available in different varieties and colors such as red, purple, green, Brussel sprouts and Chinese cabbage.
- Cabbage is one of the best ingredients for making clear soups and helps in losing weight as it is mostly water.
- Chicken is the most common type of poultry meat that is farmed all over the world.
- The earliest evidence of chicken are the early Babylonian carvings depicting them back in 600 BC.