- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sweet corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon spring onions, fine chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1/4 cup carrot, fine chopped
- 1 medium potato, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves--crushed
- 1 medium onion, fine chopped (or 150 g onion powder)
- 600 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup black beans, washed and fine chopped
- 1/4 cup corn kernels, frozen or fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- salt and black pepper, as needed (for taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh cream (optional)
- 50 g plain corn chips (optional)
Creamy sweet corn soup is the perfect dish to add charm to a rainy evening. This soup is basically an Indo-Chinese dish. However, you can add different vegetables and beans to give it a personal touch.
Aside from its sweet flavor, sweet corn also offers several health benefits. It contains vitamin B9 or folate, which aids in improving cardiovascular health. The skins of sweet corn kernels are a rich source of fiber, which is important for optimum digestion and in maintaining gut health.
Energy 86 Kcal
Protein 2.9 g
Carbohydrates 24 g
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
Potassium 239 mg
Fat 3.3 g
Sodium 705 mg
Cholesterol 0 mg
How to make Sweet Corn Soup
Store the Sweet Corn Soup in an insulated flask, one that will keep soup fresh and hot for a few hours.
Corn smut is safe to consume.