- 5 lbs boneless lamb shoulder – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary – chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried sage – crumbled
- 4 cloves garlic – chopped
- 4 green bell peppers – cut into large chunks
- 10 oz whole fresh mushrooms
- 16 oz pineapple chunks – drained with juice reserved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 onions – quartered
- 1 large white onion
- 10 oz maraschino cherries – drained with juice reserved
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine – melted
Summer is the absolutely perfect time for summer lamb kabobs. Hot days and warm nights make for the best grilling conditions. If you haven’t experimented with lamb, this is the time to try. This particular recipe calls for skewering pieces of fruit between the lamb chunks, which is great as lamb is a meat that pairs well with sweet foods. Using chunks of pineapple will bring a whole new texture to the recipe. You can choose to pair it with your favorite fruit.
Lamb has a few very essential nutrients that make it a great choice of meat. It is a rich source of folic acid which is a vitamin needed to prevent neural defects in newborn children and ensure healthy pregnancies. It is also a source of omega-3 fatty acids and possess antioxidants which work together to improve skin health and reduce wrinkles and age spots. The high zinc, phosphorous, and selenium content inside lamb also serves to increase bone density.
How to make Summer Lamb Kabobs
Kabobs are loved cuisine on every continent except Antartica.