- 2 cups of shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder for taste
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper (this ingredient is optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 seeded and minced jalapeno pepper (this ingredient is optional)
- 1 jar of diced and drained pimento
- salt and black pepper for seasoning and taste
Pimento cheese is a delightful form of cheese, consumed by most people living in the South of United States. Pimento cheese is a spread made through cheese, pimentos and mayonnaise. This spread basically goes well with crackers, bread, vegetables and sandwiches. The form of cheese is best served in sandwiches, which is what makes these sandwiches a signature item in all professional Master Tournaments in Golf.
Pimento cheese sandwiches are considered as an inexpensive lunch items all across the globe. This cheese spread can be served with corn chips, tortilla chips, mashed yolks, grits, hamburgers and hotdogs. All these food items taste even better with the addition of pimento, which makes this form of cheese a must in all the food items mentioned above.
You can reduce the fat content present inside pimento cheese by cutting the calories through the addition of low-fat mayonnaise instead of normal mayonnaise, and low-fat cheddar cheese instead of the full-fat cheddar. Not that the ingredients are healthy currently, but these additions will make it even better for your health.
How to Make Pimento Cheese
Having cheese around 30 minutes before going to bed can make you sleep better, and without hindrances.