How to make Paprika Chicken
- In a large bowl, combine salt, pepper, flour and paprika.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the mixture and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium flame.
- Cook the chicken on the skillet until it gets slightly browned on both sides. This should take no more than 5-8 minutes.
- Remove roasted chicken from the flame.
- In the same skillet, add in garlic and onions and sauté for 5 minutes until tender. Return the chicken pieces to the skillet and keep stirring gently.
- Add chicken stock and tomato paste, stir to combine, bring to a boil and reduce the heat.
- Let the chicken simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine1 tablespoon paprika, sour cream and cornstarch together and add to the chicken mixture.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Paprika is made by grinding red bell peppers.It is also used a as coloring agent.
- Paprika is the national spice of Hungary.
- Paprika powder is loaded with antioxidants. Just one serving of it can fulfill your daily requirement.
- The award winner 2006 anime movie called Paprika was named rightly so because the heroine had reddish hair just like the color of paprika.
- There are over 20 billion chickens in the world making them the most of any bird species on this planet.
- There literally thousands of chicken based dishes in the world and they vary according to region and can be made in any way be it fried, baked, barbeque, braised etc.8 billion chickens are consumed every year in the US alone.