How to make Mixed Vegetable Pickle
- In a small pan, for tempering, add oil and heat it.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilies. Sauté it and keep it aside.
- Chop all the vegetables into equal pieces.
- In a large bowl and add raw mango, lime, carrots, cauliflower, green chilies, garlic, turmeric powder, red chili powder, mustard powder, fenugreek powder, salt, lemon juice. Mix it well.
- Add tempering and mix it well.
- Spicy and yummy mixed vegetable pickle is ready.
- Store it in a cool, dry place or refrigerator.
- Carrots were first grown in Afghanistan in the 7th century, and they started with yellow flesh and purple skin. The Dutch who developed the orange carrot, and the French in the 17th who most likely developed the elongated carrot, ancestor of the ones we eat today.
- The English brought the carrot to the New World.
- In Denmark and India, it’s thought that spreading mustard seeds around the exterior of the home will keep out evil spirits.