Gyoza (Japanese Dumplings)
How to make Gyoza
- Heat sesame oil inside a large skillet at a medium-high temperature.
- Mix in garlic, cabbage, carrot, and onion.
- Stir and cook until the cabbage turns limp.
- Mix in the egg and ground pork.
- Cook until the pork is evenly browned, and the egg stops being runny.
- Preheat vegetable oil inside a large skillet at a medium-high temperature.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of the cabbage and pork mixture into the center of each wrapper.
- Fold the wrappers in half over the filling.
- Seal the edges using moistened fingers.
- Cook the gyoza for approximately 1 minute per side in the preheated vegetable oil.
- Pour water into skillet then lower the temperature.
- Cover the gyoza and let it steam until the water disappears.
- Mix rice vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Use the mixture as a dipping sauce for the finished wrappers.
Gyoza originated in China.