Gaufres du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
1 1/2 cups
How to Make Gaufres du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
- Take a large mixing bowl.
- Mix flour and salt in this bowl.
- Once they’re properly mixed, add baking powder as well as sugar.
- Once all these ingredients are properly mixed, set them aside.
- At this moment, preheat the waffle iron to desired temperature.
- Take another bowl to mix the eggs.
- Beat the eggs.
- Now pour milk, butter and vanilla in.
- Beat them properly.
- Add the flour mixture.
- Keep mixing until the mixture has properly blended.
- Careful pour appropriate amount of batter into the waffle iron.
- Let the batter cook until it is golden and crisp.
- Either serve it hot or let it rest at room temperature.
- Waffles have been around since the 14th
- The first mention of a dish resembling modern waffles was found in a document titled, “Le Ménagier de Paris”.
- Waffles inspired Nike’s first sneakers in 1971.
- The first Nike sneaker sole was created using a waffle iron.
- The word “waffle” originates from Dutch.
The first waffle iron was first brought to the United States by Thomas Jefferson