How to make Galawati Kabab
- Washand drain minced meat and transfer it toa bowl. Add papaya paste and salt and leave it to marinate for 2 hours.
- Blend onion, garlic, and ginger in a grinderto a fine paste.
- In a pan, heat ghee over a medium flame,add the prepared paste and sauté till it turns brown.
- Next, add khoya andsauté until it too changes color.
- Turn off the flame and set aside.
- In the marinated minced meat, add ground cloves, cardamom, pepper, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Mix well and pour the mixture into the grinder and drizzle the kewra. Also add rose petals.
- Pulse the meat and the slices until they are all blended.
- Transfer theminced meat to a large bowl, sprinkle gram flour, and knead until you have softbut firm dough.
- Using slightly wet hands, roll the mixture into small balls, and then intoround cutlets.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the galawati kababs until they are brown on both sides
- Enjoy with your favorite relish!
- Galawati Kababs were actually invented for the “toothless king” Nawab AsadudDaula, who was very fond of food and architecture.
- The khansamas (cook) of the Nawab used to try variations in food using rose water and rose petals, hence the unusualingredients.
- The first and original galawatikababwas presented to the court of kings and queens and it included 150 exotic spices for flavor.