How to make Frittata
- Preheat an oven to 400 °
- Cook the sausage and onion in an oven-proof skillet at a medium temperature until the sausage browns.
- Drain excess grease from the skillet.
- Whisk together the sour cream, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese over the sausage.
- Pour the egg mixture over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the point that a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Return to the oven until the cheese melts.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
The word 'fritatta' is Italian and refers to fried.