Chickpea Salad with Red Onion and Tomato
¼ pounds of garbanzo beans
2 tbsp red onions chopped up
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tomato, chopped
1/3 cup of chopped parsley
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
1 tbsp pepper or to taste
How to make Chickpea Salad with Red Onion and Tomato
- In a large bowl, toss the chickpeas, red onion, garlic oil, and set them aside.
- Toss in olive oil, lemon juice and your selection of salt and pepper for extra flavor.
- Mix well and then set them aside for 2 hours in a refrigerated environment.
- At this point you can check the taste and adjust the seasoning if required.
- The popular name for Chickpeas is “Garbanzo beans”. Their unique shape that resembles the beak of a baby chick is why they are called chickpeas.
- The color of chickpeas is bright green right before they are harvested.