How to make Chicken with Couscous
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan and add the couscous while stirring.
- Add 1½ tsp olive oil. Remove from the stove and allow it to stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet and cook over medium hit. Add the chicken and stir.
- Sprinkle pepper and cook till the pink color disappears. Remove from skillet and keep aside.
- Add the olive oil remaining in the skillet and cook over medium flame. Add jalapeno peppers and carrot— keep stirring.
- Saute for 2 minutes. Add the green onions, zucchini, ginger, and ¼ cup of chicken broth.
- Stir continuously for 5 minutes cooking until tender.
- Add the remaining chicken broth in a bowl and sprinkle curry powder, cornstarch, and coriander.
- Mix the vegetables into the broth and turn everything into the skillet again.
- Cook for 2 minutes and stop when the chicken is completely coated and let it thicken. Add over the couscous and serve.
- Prepared from whole wheat, couscous is a healthier alternative to pasta.
- Couscous is a national dish across many countries and is the staple food of North Africa.