How To Make Bread Uttapam
- Trim the edges of the bread and soak in water for 2 minutes.
- Squeeze the bread lightly so that excess water can give way.
- Grind the bread pieces, rice flour, semolina, and corn flour together.
- Add the yogurt and grind again.
- Put in the ½ cup of water.
Note: This will give consistency to the dosa batter.
- Add salt, onion, cumin seeds, ginger, green chilli, hing, and coriander leaves.
- Mix together well and let stay for about 10 minutes.
- Oil and heat a griddle.
- Pour batter on the griddle and spread it lightly.
- Pour 1 tsp of oil over the edges of the batter. Some should go to the center too.
- Cover it and let it cook for 1 minute. This should be done until the bottom of the batter turns to a golden color.
- Twist the dosa to other side to cook.
Note: At this stage, it becomes uttapam.
- Serve immediately.