How to make stuffing for Aloo Paratha
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a large bowl. You can use your hands or a potato masher for this.
- Add chopped onion, coriander leaves, chopped green chillies, garam masala powder, chilli powder and chat masala. Mix well using your hands or a spoon.
How to make Aloo Paratha
- To a bowl, add wheat flour.
- Keep adding water and knead the dough till it reaches a roti dough consistency that is soft and pliable.
- Add a spoon of oil, and knead the dough again until the dough becomes non-sticky.
- Take a small section of kneaded dough, make it into a ball.
- Roll out the dough flat, dust with dry flour and roll it thin.
- Add a spoon full of potato filling, and bring the edges of flattened dough together, covering up the whole filling. Remove any excess dough from the edges and flatten this stuffed ball.
- Roll out the stuffing filled dough again gently, until it is flat. Make sure the stuffing doesn’t come out.
- Heat a tawa and place the rolled-out paratha.
- Cook on a medium flame, and flip to cook on the other side.
- Apply ghee or oil lavishly, flip and cook until paratha turns golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve warm paratha with pickle or curd.
Did You Know?
The word ‘Paratha’ is derived from two words ‘parat’ and ‘atta’. While ‘Parat’ means layers, ‘atta’ means dough, and the word ‘paratha’ roughly translates to layers of cooked dough.