Common Cold is the Most Common Winter Illness: Home Remedies That Work Wonders on Common Cold
Common cold isn’t deadly, but it can be a true damper on your week thanks to its irritating symptoms. Below are some common household remedies that you can use to combat common cold and gain some relief.
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Common Cold
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 glass warm water
Combine vinegar with warm water and drink it. Add local raw honey if the mixture isn’t palatable.
Drink 2-3 glasses every day or until symptoms last.
Why This Works
The apple cider vinegar balances your body’s pH levels making the environment of your body unsuitable for viruses to thrive.
- Epsom Salt Bath for Common Cold
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- A bathtub
- Warm water
- Fill the tub with warm water.
- Keep the water as hot as you can withstand.
- Pour in Epsom salt and thoroughly mix it in the water.
- Soak in the bathwater for a minimum of 20 minutes.
Note: If you do not have access to bath, you can soak your feet in a bucket of warm water with 1/4 cup of Epsom salt instead.
Repeat every other day for one week.
Why This Works
Steam baths help to relieve your body from fatigue and decongest the nasal passageways caused by the cold. The Epsom salt acts as a detoxifying agent as well as muscle relaxant.
- Essential Oils for Common Cold
- 4-5 drops peppermint oil/eucalyptus oil
- Mix both the oil together then apply them to your neck, chest, and forehead.
- Leave it for as long as possible so your body can absorb them.
- Another method is to take a bath infused with the essential oil. Use the same procedure as the Epsom salt bath.
How Often You Should Do This
Apply the ois twice a day until cold symptoms disappear .