Here Are the Biggest Kitchen Mistakes
There are some common mistakes we make in our daily cooking. The chefs have years of training and experience when it comes to cooking. Here are some common mistakes that we make in the kitchen as highlighted by the chefs.
Top Tips to Avoid Kitchen Mistakes
- Measure all ingredients before you begin cooking. It is a very important step and must not be overlooked. From chopping to measuring the spices, undertake these before cooking to save a lot of time. This will make cooking less stressful and yield better results.
- Do not splash water on an oil fire. It will never work. Always keep baking soda or salt handy. If you do not have them handy, simply switch off the heat and close the pan with the lid. Never pour water on an oil fire.
- Lemon juice is helpful in reducing sweetness. Sometimes it just happens that your sweet dishes turn out to be sugarier than required. Worry not! Add lemon juice and see the magic.
- If your dish turns out too spicy, add some sugar or butter and the situation will now be under your control.
- Always do the cutting with a sharpened knife. It will save much of your time and will lead to precise and fine cutting and chopping.
- Do not stir the food too much. If you are not making a stir-fry dish, there is no need to stir frequently until and unless the recipe specifically calls for continuous stirring.
- Never pick up a falling knife. If a knife falls, allow it to hit the floor and stand back. Then, pick it up from the floor. Never try to prevent it from falling— it will certainly hurt you.
- If you are making pasta, always boil the pasta until it is 90% done. Remove from the pot and turn it into a sperate pan. Add the sauce and the leftover water. This will make the pasta much more flavorful.