5 Amazing Methods to Lighten Dark Underarm Spots
Dark spots can appear on your underarms for a wide variety of reasons. Whatever the reason though, they can be very unattractive, and inhibit you from wearing the outfit you want. Luckily there are some simple natural methods for removing them.
Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV is an all-around treatment for dark underarms. It is a mild acid that can remove the dead skin cells and a disinfectant which can kill the microbes that cause dark underarms.
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Combine vinegar and baking soda.
- Let the mix bubble.
- Apply this mixture to the underarm area and let it dry after the bubbles dissipate.
- Rinse with cool water.
Aloe Vera gel has aloesin which is a natural tyrosinase inhibitor. Tyrosinase is an enzyme that causes skin pigmentation; hindering it is a simple way to lighten your underarms.
1 aloe leaf
- Cut open the leaf.
- Extract fresh aloe vera gel.
- Apply a gel layer to your underarms.
- Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
Olive oil hydrates and nourishes your skin. It also has cancer fighting antioxidants which keeps your cells functioning optimally. Combine the oil with the brown sugar to make a scrub that removes the dead skin cells and nourishes your skin.
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- Gently mix the brown sugar and olive oil.
- Dampen the underarm skin and gently apply the mixture.
- Massage the scrub into your skin for 1-2 minutes.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Turmeric is a natural skin cleanser and toner that is commonly used to fade spots. If you turn it into a skin pack you can treat greatly reduce the dark spots under your arms.
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients and apply the paste to your underarms.
- Let it dry for 10-12 minutes and then rinse.
If these remedies take too long you can always resort to the very simple lemon treatment. Lemon is a natural skin lightener and astringent. You can use it to remove the dead skin cells beneath your arms.
Slice of lemon
1. Slice a lemon and rub it under your arms. Let the juice sit for a minute before rinsing it off with warm water